Friday, November 9, 2007

Budo Karate of Mas Oyama by Cameron Quinn


Today I gratefully recieved my ebook copy of the Budo Karate of Mas Oyama by Cameron Quinn. This book is impossible to come by and I am looking forward to the new hard cover to be released late this year. I have read most of the books on martial arts that I have sought but not yet this classic text. With all the self-agrandizing stuff that gets released these days by pretend life coaches its refreshing to read a book that comes from a more humble perspective. I have met and trained with Cameron once or twice on the mat and with my background in traditional karate I must say I think he is an example of a model karate-ka.
The book is a wonderful homage to a great karate master and is full of insightful stories on how to stay on the path of training and how to do so with the right attitude and intent. Congratulations on this updated version and I cant wait to get a hard copy signed by the author.

No comments: